Sunday, February 13, 2011

Weekend recap

I am sitting in my living room, cuddled up under a blanket, watching some bridal show on TLC, and enjoying the feeling of having absolutely nowhere to go today. It's been a great weekend.

On Friday night, I had dinner with a friend. (Hibachi. Mmmm!) The people in the restaurant seemed to be feeling a little crazy. The staff came out twice to do their birthday thing, complete with the drum and a little dancing from the chefs. :) And the food was delicious, of course.

We came back to my place after dinner and watched several forensic-type shows until well after midnight. It was nice to go out and have good company and conversation with a friend who loves to laugh. I needed the mental break. I'm hoping I can go out like that more often.

Yesterday was a day of nothing but REST. I am always on my feet, so I promised myself that I would give myself a day to rest and recharge. I spent the majority of it on the couch, and normally I would feel guilty for being lazy, but it didn't feel like laziness at all. It felt like a break, and a well-deserved one at that. I think I'll be giving myself days like that more often!

Today will be light cleaning, laundry, ironing, taxes, a good dinner, and the Grammys tonight. I like starting my work week off with everything clean and ready to go. Tomorrow is Valentine's day, and I obviously don't have a Valentine this year, but I'm going to try to think of it as a day to celebrate everyone I love, especially my family. Hopefully it will still be a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment